06-11-2013

Snorri Helgason - Ólán

Snorri is a natural talent, no doubt. He taught himself how to play guitar and started as a 19 year old boy. Until 2009 he was the head member of the popular band Sprengjuhöllin. I LOVE this band, I will post a song of them later. He released his first solo album in 2009. I chose the song Ólán because this is a song written in Icelandic. River is another great song of him. As a solo 'band' he mainly sings in English. Snorri has been compared to artists like Neil Young and Paul Simon. He released his new album in September 2013, Autumn Skies. When I listen to Ólán, Thom Yorke comes up my mind, and even sometimes I hear a similar Jónsi sound. Ólán means unhappy. He sings about himself being unhappy, but then a girl comes into his life and everything changes. They meet in the middle of the night, the red sun is bursting through and they are on bare feet... Ahhh romantic!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten